PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICIES
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION – PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT DIRECTLY FROM YOU
We collect personal information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect personal information when you use our websites; provide product reviews; shop in our stores; call us on the phone; create an online account; sign up to receive our emails; request a catalog; participate in a contest, promotion or survey; communicate with us via third-party social media sites; request customer support; apply for and/or participate in our loyalty program; apply for a job; or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, zip or postal code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, date of birth, payment card information, product preferences, demographic information and any other personal information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we may also collect personal information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically, create and share gift ideas or decide to purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this personal information to fulfil your requests and share the gift ideas with them. We will not send other marketing communications to your contacts unless they separately opt in to receive communications from us.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES
We collect information about your use of our Services, such as the products you purchase or express interest in.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We automatically collect certain personal information about you when you access or use our Services or shop in our stores, including:
* Log Information: We collect information about your use of our websites, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our websites.
* Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our online Services, including the hardware model and operating system and version.
* Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
* Video Data: We collect video data via security cameras we deploy in some of our retail stores.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OUR PARTNERS AND OTHER SOURCES
We may obtain personal information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we collect personal information from the local postal services’ national change of address databases to verify and update mailing addresses. We may derive personal information or draw inferences about you based on the other types of personal information we collect. For example, we may infer your location based on your IP address, or that you are interested in purchasing a certain type of clothing based on your browsing behavior on our Services.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use personal information about you for various purposes, including to:
* Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including to facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experiences;
* Deliver the products and Services you request, or that are reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship, complete transactions, perform our contractual obligations and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
* Process your orders, payments and account adjustments and initiate, render, bill and collect payment for our products and Services;
* Conduct internal research and development and make business decisions about current and future product and service offerings;
* Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
* Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to manage these communications, please see ‘Your Choices’ below);
* Manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
* Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
* Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
* Process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
* Detect, protect against and prevent security incidents and illegal or unauthorized activities, investigate complaints and claims and provide other security protections, such as identity verification;
* Protect users of our Services from fraudulent, malicious, deceptive, abusive or unlawful activities of others;
* Debug and repair errors in our products and Services and other activities to maintain and improve the quality and safety of our products and Services;
* Cooperate with law enforcement and protect the rights (including free speech), interests, safety or property of Cad & The Dandy USA Inc. or our customers, service providers and other third parties;
* Comply with and enforce applicable legal and regulatory obligations and respond to governmental requests;
* Enforce our policies, terms and conditions or other agreements;
* Defend against or pursue claims, disputes or litigation – in court or elsewhere;
* Provide you the benefits of our loyalty program if you are a member of our loyalty program; and
* Carry out any other purpose readily apparent to you or described to you at the time the personal information is collected.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information about you as follows:
* With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such personal information to carry out work on our behalf, including to improve and enhance the products and services they provide to us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, analytics, marketing and advertising;
* In response to a request for personal information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
* If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party;
* In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company;
* With our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership;
* With our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests;
* By publicly posting, at our discretion, your product review or other user content if you provide one; and
* With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
We may also work with third parties (such as Facebook and Instagram) to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on their platforms. If you prefer not to see customized ads from us, you can usually opt out by changing your account settings or preferences on such platforms.
Our retention periods for personal information are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the personal information was collected and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired.
We do not, in providing the Services, knowingly collect personal information from children. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal information to us via the Services, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that personal information from our databases.
MANAGING OR DELETING YOUR ONLINE CAD & THE DANDY USA INC. ACCOUNT
You may update, correct or delete your online account information at any time by logging into your account and navigating to the “My Account” page or by contacting us as indicated in the ‘Contact Us’ section below. You can also contact us if you wish to deactivate your online account. Note that we may retain certain personal information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of personal information about you for a certain period of time.
OPTING OUT OF PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS
You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by doing the following:
* To opt out of direct mail contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* To opt out of promotional emails and text messages: Follow the instructions provided in those communications or contact us at email@example.com
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
DATA TRANSFERS AND PRIVACY SHIELD
Cad & The Dandy USA Inc. has operations in the U.S. and other countries. As such, we or our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
RESIDENTS OF EUROPE
* Cad & The Dandy USA Inc. is responsible for your personal information. If you are a resident of the United Kingdom, Cad & The Dandy U.K. Limited provide our Services to you and are responsible for your personal information when you use our Services. If you reside in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), Cad & The Dandy USA Inc. provides our Services to you and is responsible for your personal information when you use our Services.
* We process your personal information described above:
* As necessary to fulfill our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products you have ordered);
* As necessary for our legitimate interests, including our interest in providing relevant and secure Services and improving our Services and products;
* As necessary to comply with our legal obligations; or
* As consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time.
* exercising your rights . You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected or erased and to port your personal information. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing or to withdraw consent you have previously provided. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a Cad & The Dandy USA Inc. account, you may also review, update and delete certain personal information or adjust your marketing preferences by logging into your account.
* Questions or complaints. If you have a concern about our processing of your personal information that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below: For individuals in the EEA: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en For individuals in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq). If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
Collection and Use of Personal Information: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, information subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e), characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, professional or employment-related information, audio, electronic, visual or similar information, inferences drawn about you and other categories of personal information that relate to, describe or are reasonably capable of being associated with you. For examples of the precise data points we collect and the sources from which we collect this personal information, please see ‘Collection of Information’ above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in ‘Use of Information’ above.
Disclosure of Personal Information: We may share your personal information with third parties as described in the ‘Sharing of Information’ section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes to the following categories of recipients:
Categories of Third Parties
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business or Commercial Purpose
Vendors, consultants and other service providers who perform services on our behalf
• Information subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80
• Commercial information
• Internet or other electronic network activity information
• Geolocation data
Other Cad & The Dandy USA Inc. website visitors (in connection with product reviews submitted through our Services)
• Information subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80
• Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
Sale of Personal Information: California law requires that we provide transparency about personal information we “sell,” which for the purposes of the CCPA broadly means scenarios in which we have shared personal information with partners in exchange for valuable consideration. While we do not provide personal information about you to other companies for money, we do allow our advertising partners to collect identifiers, commercial information and Internet or other electronic network activity information via our Services to show you ads that are targeted to your interests. To opt out of having your personal information used for targeted advertising purposes, please see the ‘Advertising Analytics’ section above.
Your Rights: Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to request (1) more information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected, used, sold and disclosed about you, (2) deletion of your personal information and (3) that we stop selling your personal information. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
This cookies policy was last updated on: 8th April 2021
1. What are cookies?
1.1. Cookies are small snippets of text that are stored on your computer. When you request a page from our website, the cookies are sent to our web server, and when we send a page back to you our server may add to or change these cookies. Without cookies, we would not be able to know that you are the same person from page to page. You can find more information about cookies at: allaboutcookies.org.
1.3 Additionally, we have partnerships with some carefully chosen third party services which involve including some code on our website, for example advertising networks and providers of external services like web traffic analysis services, so that we can measure the effectiveness of our marketing activities, enable you to share content with your friends or login via a social media account. In some cases these partners may also store and retrieve their own cookies on your computer. Cookies set by websites other than https://www.cadandthedandy.com/ are known as “third party cookies”. We have no control over these third parties or their cookies and are not responsible for the same. These third party cookies are likely to be analytical cookies or performance cookies or targeting cookies. To deactivate the use of third party advertising cookies, you may use the Preferences setting in the cookies consent pop up.
1.4 For European and UK users, in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) and other relevant UK data protection legislation, and to be as open and transparent as possible, we have provided more information on the cookies in use on our website here. These details may change over time as we continue to develop our website.
2. Cookie consent and removal of cookies
2.2 You may refuse to accept cookies by changing the settings in your web browser to allow or deny different websites from setting cookies. Disabling essential cookies may mean that you are not able to use some or all of the functionality of our website. For more information about cookies including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to allaboutcookies.org.
2.3 To opt out of Google Analytics visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
3. Which cookies are used on this website?
3.1 A list of all the cookie types used on this website by category is set out below.
3.1.1 Essential cookies – These cookies are required to enable core site functionality. They measure a session and are essential to enable a user to move around the website and its features;
3.1.2 Functional cookies – These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages;
3.1.3. Performance cookies – These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features;
3.1.4. Targeting cookies – These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation;
3.1.5. Analytics cookies – These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
3.2 The table below explains the individual cookies we use and why. To amend your cookies preference use the orange thumbnail in the bottom left of this Privacy And Security Policies page.
|CATEGORY||NAME||DOMAIN||DESCRIPTION||EXPIRES IN||THIRD PARTY PROVIDER|
|Analytics||_gac||cadandthedandy.com||Google Analytics: Used to distinguish users|
It records a particular ID used to come up with data about website usage by the user. It is a HTTP cookie that expires after 2 years.
|1 year 12 months 4 days|
|Analytics||_gid||cadandthedandy.com||Google Analytics: Used to distinguish users|
Keeps an entry of unique ID which is then used to come up with statistical data on website usage by visitors. It is a HTTP cookie type and expires after a browsing session.
|Analytics||tk_ai||cadandthedandy.com||Stores a randomly-generated anonymous ID. This is only used within the admin area and is used for general analytics tracking.||session||Automattic,
This describes if this specific cookie or localStorage is responsible for sharing, collecting or storing personal data.
Collection of internal metrics for user activity, used to improve user experience
|Analytics||_Fbp||connect.facebook.net||Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third-party advertisers.||90 days|
|Marketing||IDE||doubleclick.net||Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user's actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser's ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.|
|Essential||wfwaf-authcookie-(hash)||www.cadandthedandy.com||This cookie is used by the Wordfence firewall to perform a capability check of the current user before WordPress has been loaded. This is only set for users that are able to log into WordPress. This cookie allows the Wordfence firewall to detect logged in users and allow them increased access. It also allows Wordfence to detect non-logged in users and restrict their access to secure areas. The cookie also lets the firewall know what level of access a visitor has to help the firewall make smart decisions about who to allow and who to block.||Wordfence|
|Essential||woocommerce_cart_hash||www.cadandthedandy.com||Helps WooCommerce determine when cart contents/data changes.|
|Essential||woocommerce_items_in_cart||www.cadandthedandy.com||Helps WooCommerce determine when cart contents/data changes.|
|Essential||wordpress_logged_in_||www.cadandthedandy.com||This cookie is set by WordPress. It is used for indication and identification of the logged in user.|
is used to indicate when you are logged in, and who you are. This cookie is maintained on the front-end of the website as well when logged in.
|Functional||wordpress_test_cookie||www.cadandthedandy.com||WordPress sets this cookie when a user navigates to the login page. The cookie is used to check whether user’s web browser is set to allow, or reject cookies.||WordPress|
|Essential||wp-settings-, wp-settings-time-||www.cadandthedandy.com||These cookies are set by WordPress. They are used to customize user’s view of admin interface, and possibly also the main site interface. These cookies have no impact on user experience and do not store any personal information. They contain some information about user’s general geographic location.|
is used to customize the view of your admin interface and the front-end of the website. The value represented by [UID] is the individual user ID of the user as given to them in the users' database table.
|Essential||wordpress_[hash]||www.cadandthedandy.com||to store the authentication details on login. The authentication details include the username and double hashed copy of the password. However, this usage of the cookie is limited to the admin console area, the backend dashboard of the website.||WordPress|
|Essential||wc_wishlists_user||www.cadandthedandy.com||Stores a unique key to identify users with a wishlist||29 days||WooCommerce WishLists|
|Analytics||__stid, __stidv||sharethis.com||The cookie is set by ShareThis. The cookie is used for site analytics to determine the pages visited, the amount of time spent, etc.||1 week||Share This|
|Marketing||__cfduid||hsappstatic.net, hubspot.com||This cookie is set by HubSpot’s CDN provider, Cloudflare. It helps Cloudflare detect malicious visitors to your website and minimizes blocking legitimate users. It may be placed on your visitors' devices to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It is necessary for supporting Cloudflare's security features.||HubSpot|
|Marketing||__hs_initial_opt_in||hubspot.com||This cookie is used to prevent the banner from always displaying when visitors are browsing in strict mode.||7 days||HubSpot|
|Marketing||__hs_opt_out||hubspot.com||Tracks when users decline notification banners and suppresses future notification banners for a period of two years.||13 months||HubSpot|
|Marketing||__hssc||cadandthedandy.com, hubspot.com||Traking time of visit.||13 months||HubSpot|
|Marketing||__hssc||hubspot.com||This cookie keeps track of sessions. This is used to determine if we should increment the session number and timestamps in the __hstc cookie. It contains the domain, viewCount (increments each pageView in a session), and session start timestamp.||30 minutes||HubSpot|
|Marketing||__hstc||hubspot.com||The main cookie for tracking visitors. It contains the domain, utk, initial timestamp (first visit), last timestamp (last visit), current timestamp (this visit), and session number (increments for each subsequent session).||13 months||HubSpot|
|Functional||_conv_r||hubspot.com||This cookie holds the referral data for the current visitor. This is overwritten each time a visitor comes from a new referrer. Structure same as above using the following keys||1 minute||HubSpot|
|Marketing||_conv_v||hubspot.com||we are using this cookies in order to track visitor experiments. These cookies are a small bit of text that accompanies requests and pages as they go between the Web server and browser. The cookie contains information that Convert application can read whenever the user visits the site. So in that sense, they are necessary to store user-specific information.||6 months||HubSpot|
|Analytics||_gac_UA-#||hubspot.com||Stores information about ad campaigns from Google Adwords to show targeted ads to the visitor.||3 months||HubSpot|
|Analytics||_gcl_au||hubspot.com||Used by Google AdSense for experimenting with advertisement efficiency across websites using their services.||3 months||HubSpot|
|Marketing||_hjid||hubspot.com||Cadandthedandy cookie that is set when the customer first lands on a page with the Hotjar script. It is used to persist the Cadandthedandy User ID, unique to that site on the browser. This ensures that behavior in subsequent visits to the same site will be attributed to the same user ID.||365 days||HubSpot|
|Marketing||_hjTLDTest||hubspot.com||When the Cadandthedandy script executes we try to determine the most generic cookie path we should use, instead of the page hostname. This is done so that cookies can be shared across subdomains (where applicable). To determine this, we try to store the _hjTLDTest cookie for different URL substring alternatives until it fails. After this check, the cookie is removed.||Session||HubSpot|
|Marketing||hubspotutk||hubspot.com||The main cookie for tracking visitors.||HubSpot|
|Marketing||IR_(Campaign_ID)||hubspot.com||Affiliate tracking cookie. This is a current session cookie, The activity is updated everytime the page loads. This is as part of UTT API implementation for tracking web events.||HubSpot|
|Marketing||IR_gbd||hubspot.com||Used to track traffic and sales from affiliate users.||HubSpot|
|Marketing||IR_PI||hubspot.com||Affiliate tracking cookie helps to count visitors from websites participating in Impact Radius affiliate marketplace.||HubSpot|
|Functional||DV||www.google.com||This cookie is used to save the user's preferences and other information. This includes in particular the preferred language, the number of search results to be displayed on the page as well as the decision as to whether the Google SafeSearch filter should be activated or not||Google Map|
|Analytics||messagesUtk||www.cadandthedandy.com||to store browser details, store performed actions on the website.||HubSpot|
|Analytics||mp_(code)_mixpanel||www.cadandthedandy.com||This cookie is set by Mixpanel for analyzing trafﬁc, and in particular how users reached the plataform.||1 year||HubSpot|
CAD & THE DANDY USA INC.
130 W 57th Street, Suite 5A, Fifth Floor, New York, NY 10019, USA
Phone: +1 917 400 4804
Last updated April 8, 2021.